130,000 Square Feet
of Warehouse Space
CIS operates several warehouses for customer storage and distribution. The customer distribution warehouses are cinder block construction with concrete pads and include sprinklered, unsprinkleded and rail facilities.
Warehousing customers have included AdvanSix (Honeywell), ProBuild, Richmond International Forest Products, Inolex, PICC, Alcoa, Smurfit-Stone (RockTenn), etc. Commodities currently stored include: aluminum, caprolactam; lumber; non-hazardous dry chemicals; and fertilizers.
In the past four years Commonwealth Industrial Services has received, stored, and shipped over 9,000 containers of export material. Inventory services include inventory management using customer SAP databases. CIS directly enters shipping net weights into SAP for billing by a major international corporation.
Interested in becoming one of our warehousing customers?
Warehousing & Storage
- 130, 000 square feet of warehouse space
- Logistical support of the Hopewell AdvanSix (Honeywell) plant 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for past 5 years
- Pickup of export product from plant 24 hours per day
- Warehousing of product until complete lots are available for export
- Load export 40’ containers (up to 44 per day) for transfer to port
- Enter shipments in/out into AdvanSix’s (Honeywell) SAP inventory system
- AdvanSix (Honeywell) adopted CIS suggestions to ‘live load’ containers and reduce bags on pallets to 30
- 12 forklifts with load capacities of 3000 lb. to 20,000 lb.